24 Things to Do in 2024
Your New Year Bucket List for Chickasaw Country
A new year brings new plans, new trips and new experiences. Chickasaw Country has plenty to keep you and your loved ones busy year-round. We have prepared a list of 24 ways to explore, learn, connect and relax in Chickasaw Country in 2024.
- Experience a concert at the newly renovated Lucas Oil Live at WinStar World Casino and Resort.
- Shop ‘til you drop in downtown Purcell where you will find several antique and thrift stores for browsing. Find a list of antique stores on our website.
- Visit Bedré Fine Chocolate in Davis to learn about the locally made chocolates, taste a sample and purchase an assortment to take back home.
- Take the scenic route through the Arbuckle Mountains to 777 Zip where riders zip across 777 feet of open. Bring a lock with you and place on the fence near the zipline while you are taking in the view from the solid ground.
- Take a ride on the AMTRAK Heartland Flyer right through Chickasaw Country with several stops along the way.
- Visit the historic sites of Tishomingo, including the Chickasaw National Capitol, the Chickasaw Council House Museum, and the Chickasaw Bank Museum.
- Experience the 2024 eclipse at Lake Murray State Park or Lake Texoma State Park.
- Drive to Waurika for the annual Rattlesnake Festival, a town tradition for more than six decades.
- Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the hit film “Footloose” at the Footloose Festival in Elmore City in April. Learn more about the story behind the festival here.
- Marvel at murals throughout Chickasaw Country. Use our mural itinerary as a start for your planning.
- Take a dip in Little Niagara located in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area.
- Pick a bronc or bull and cheer them on at a rodeo in Duncan.
- Book a stay at the smoke-free West Bay Casino & Resort in Kingston where you can choose from a hotel or luxury cabin experience.
- Kayak Lake Murray! Bring your own kayak or rent one from Lake Murray Water Sports to explore the clear, blue water of the lake.
- Relax by the pool at WinStar World Casino & Resort’s Cascades Pool, a five-acre pool complex with tiered pools, bars and cabanas.
- Learn about the culture, traditions, architecture and history of the Chickasaw Nation at the Chickasaw Cultural Center in Sulphur.
- Bring out the kid in yourself at the Toy and Action Figure Museum in Pauls Valley. This museum is filled from floor to ceiling with generations of toys and action figures with favorites such as Star Wars, superheroes, Barbie and more!
- Taste delicious coal-fired pizza and enjoy yard games and firepits in the outdoor space at Pryor’s Pizza Kitchen in Norman.
- Take an art class from an artist-in-residence at the ARTesian Gallery & Studios in Sulphur.
- Enjoy Lake Texoma during a stay in the container cabins at Marina del Rey in Kingston. These unique homes are lakeside for the perfect getaway.
- Sink your teeth into the best watermelons in Oklahoma at the Rush Springs Watermelon Festival on the second Saturday in August.
- Explore the Depot District in Ardmore for shopping and dining fun. And grab a photo by the Mercy Train at the Santa Fe Depot.
- Sit a while at Coal Creek Vineyard and Winery in Tuttle where you can enjoy a taste of the wine with the views of the vineyards. Ask if they have any special events on the calendar! Find more wineries in Chickasaw Country.
- Explore a castle – Collings Castle at Turner Falls Park in Davis. This stone, walk-through castle was built on the grounds in 1930.
And while we only list 24 things to do, there are so many more attractions, restaurants, places to stay, events and tours we could recommend. But don’t take our word for it…come visit and see for yourself!
Share your experiences with us on social media by tagging your photos and posts with #VisitChickasaw for the chance to be featured on our channels.